Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Master Cleanse This....

Day 3 of the master cleanse came to a close, as did the master cleanse. After taking a spill on the bus (thanks to the bus driver taking a corner at lightning speed), a busy day at work, and a general gross feeling thanks to not working out and being bloated, the master cleanse lemonade just wasn’t going to cut it. I was bruised and battered.

I swung by Trader Joe’s to pick up some salad makings and fresh fruits and veggies to hold me until Thursday when I can get to the market (the highlight of my week). I was still contemplating whether or not to continue the cleanse when I looked up to the rearview and saw Jer’s crystal hanging on the mirror. I decided, life is too short not to eat food you love. Life is too short to chase quick fixes when what is needed is slow change to develop good habits. Life is too short to not gather with friends and family and share a meal. Life is too short not to take in the bounty of fall that will soon be across dinner tables.

I slowly devoured a banana while preparing my favorite fall quick-fix meal: Vegetarian Chili. A stand-by LJBH recipe includes just a can of organic kidney beans, garbanzo beans, Muir Glenn Diced Tomatoes, spices and the secret ingredient (pssst. brown sugar), simmering on medium for 10 minutes, you will be swarmed by the smells of autumn and the comfort of goodness. Green beans sautéed in garlic and olive oil make a perfectly sweet accompaniment to the subtly spicy flavor of the chili.

In summary, life is too short not to eat and autumn in just around the corner. Three shouts for both.

0 comments:

Post a Comment