Recent Posts

Saturday, January 3, 2009

About. Effing. Time.

I welcome 2009 with open arms and hopes that it will not completely blow like 2008 did. Now, I’m not particularly a huge fan of resolution but I do like the idea of the future. Below you will find a list of things that I would like to do in the future, not necessarily particular to 2009, but the future in general.


Cry less: I cry over everything. Happy things, sad things, beautiful things, tragic things, little things, big things, scary things. You name it, I’ll cry over it. (Except for movies. Generally not a movie-crier, except recently when watching When Harry Met Sally, a single tear may have been shed.) I say this because crying over the “bad” things generally means one is holding on to something that doesn't actually exist: a memory, a plan that was unfulfilled, all the if onlys, the shoulda, coulda, wouldas. So shoulda, coulda, woulda all you want, but the fact is, it didn’t, won’t or can’t. Let it go. Crying over the good things is great, I love it. So maybe the goal is to find more good things to cry about. Plus, tears makes my eyes puffy and my nose run resulting in a generally unattractive state of being.

Give More: I’ve got a lot. I’ve got a lot of time. I’ve got more money than I really need. I got more personal space that I really want. I’ve a huge freaking heart to give away. I’ve got a lot of shoes. I’ve all around got a lot of stuff that others could use better than I. So I’d like to give any and all of these things to anyone who is interested. Now taking applications.

Be Funnier: Not sure how, but I’ll work on it. I am surrounded by people who are so funny that the thought of them makes me laugh (not at them, but just at what they’ve said/done or could possibly say/do). I’m occasionally told I’m funny, although sometimes I’m sure its just me talking.

Don’t Get Fat: I just gave away all my fat clothes so it would be extraordinarily expensive to replenish. Not to mention depressing which could potentially coincide with the “cry less” bit so by not getting fat, I’m also crying less…see how that works? Brilliant. And although I love eating and cooking, there really is no reason why either of those activities should result in weight gain.

To fewer tears, more giving, more laughs and less of me to love – Cheers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment