Recent Posts

Monday, October 5, 2009

Polaroid Picture




I feel like my generation misses out on the Polaroid’s ability to instantly capture people in the most candid states. How many times have you wished you could bust out your conveniently sized Polaroid camera and capture your family and friends with the retro nostalgia of a time gone by? Countless. These photos are of my parents 5 years exactly before the day I was born. They had been married just shy of 5 years.

Things to note:
1.) My parents have matching haircuts…but it was 1977 so I guess anything goes then.
2.) My dad’s stash is ridiculous. At least now he knows how to keep it trimmed up so as to not mortify his children.
3.) They are the age I am now. Bright eyed, wrinkle free, and smiling. I hope I am those things for quite some time.

2 comments:

Melissa Robinson said...

OK. Can I just say that these are so freaking cool?!!!! And absolutely hilarious! OMG. I couldn't stop laughing for like 5 minutes. You and your mom have the same eyes. I love old photos.

Miss C said...

Lucky I got my eyelashes from my dad. Not so lucky I also got his eyebrows...

Post a Comment