Recent Posts

Thursday, August 20, 2009

While you’re at it, here, take my soul, too.

I love my car. It’s probably the single greatest and worst purchase I’ve ever made. I brought it brand new. She’s red, she’s beautiful, she’s mine.

I’ve put 40k miles on her in less than 3 years. Like a good car-owner, I took her in for her regularly scheduled service. I take her to CampbellNelson’s because they are really great. I think the service guy called me 5 times just to give me an update. I think they love my car more than I do, which is great.

I went to go pick her up, and ladies and gentleman, I about had a heart attack. I about fell over. I about when into shock. All at the same time. I would have done all three at the same time but I couldn’t decide which to do first. Instead I nonchalantly handed over the Amex and had this conversation in my head:

Come again? $700.
Sorry, repeate por favor. $700.
Wait, I thought you just said $700.
Oh, you did say $700.
Well, while you’re at it, here, take my soul, too.

Conversation ended there. Sucked it up, signed on the dotted line…

0 comments:

Post a Comment