Recent Posts

Monday, August 3, 2009

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

I wish everyone had a cube neighbor like mine. It would make the work place so much better. She tells the best stories about her son, Bixby, who is also adorable. She also brings tons of food and is always sharing which my soul appreciates by my waistline does not. We’ll call her “CB” here to protect her identity. Here are a few highlights of our conversations:

CB: Modern technology has replaced wizardry.

CB: I thought about never teaching my kid the word “mom,” instead teaching him, “Shera” so that when he’s looking for me he just yelling “Shera!” “Shera!” “Sheeeerrraaaaa!”

CB: Smooth move exlax
Me: *laughed out loud*

Me: Do you know I have an irrational fear of bats?
CB: Do you know I have an irrational fear of giants and dinosaurs, (long thoughtful pause)…..of which yours will probably be more realized than mine.

Me: I’m so hungry
CB: Do you want a croissant?
Me: (stare of contempt)
CB: Uh, Um, I mean carrot stick?

CB: Cara, sometimes when I stand next to you I feel like I have to suck my stomach in.

CB: Why aren’t there chocolate chip cookies here all the time…seriously.

Me: Cait, I’m going to miss you when you move.
CB: Did you just tell a bold face lie?

CB: I love that we look at the same blogs. It makes me feel less alone in my life.

CB has now moved to the other side of the building so our conversations will be reduced to passing in the halls and gchat. She will be missed on this side but knows she is in a happier place. I tip my hat to her brilliance and extend my deepest gratitude to her for being who she is. Thanks CB.

0 comments:

Post a Comment